Sunday 30 March 2014

Cramming in a craft

Oh my

Oh my what a busy time I have had recently. I have been trying to get the studio ready and family time.
I want to apologise for the lack of blogging recently. I have felt like I have been burning the candle at both ends. I haven't blogged or looked at any blogs. I haven't even been on Google+ (sad face).
My days have been filled with everything from painting chairs to designing websites.

My house n garden (when it isn't rainy) have been filled with (16) half painted chairs. I have chosen these bright colours to brighten the place up. 
The walls n shelves are white and then I went and chose white and multi spot oilcloth, so it was looking a little bland.

I have also been painting, glazing and firing some test pieces. I have to admit, I am no artist, but I have to practice. Here are some pieces before glazing and firing . . . 


(Some of the lighting in the studio is fluorescent tubing and causes lines on the pics I take sometimes, annoying)

You can see the studio is coming along, with some chairs painted and tables covered and erected. Slowly but surely.
If you are interested in taking a look at the Studio's website and what we offer, take a look at my website:
www.splatnsplodge.co.uk


What can I make with these lovely beads? I was thinking of some kind of garland.
I found these beads outside a shop in the centre where my studio is. I kept walking past and they kept catching my eye. Illlooooovvveeee the colours and now I know why. They beads match my oilcloth!!! Meant to be!!
The beads are made by thread being wound round the ball. These straight away remind me of Christmas when I was a child. We used to have Christmas tree baubles made this way. Agghhh nostalgia!!  


I just had to have these little beauties for outside the studio . . . how cute? 

Where's the crochet? I hear you say. . . 

Well, I managed to get the Yorkshire, Haworth to be precise. I used to live here and always try to get there when I can. I had 2 nights away without the little people and managed to spend some time with my mum and sister. 








 Haworth is such a beautiful quint place. With just one main street. It is full of quirky shops and cottages. If you are not familiar with Haworth, it is the birth place of the Bronte sisters. This place is so magical that it would encourage anybody to put pen to paper.

Where was I? . . . o yes crochet. Whist I was at my Mums, I raided her wool stash and found a ball of wool and started on a scarf. Just because I couldn't sit still!! I didn't take any crochet with me because I didn't have space in my bag . . . shock . . . .horror!!

Anyway, here it is. A skinny scarf, using a pattern from the an issue of Simply Crochet.

On to the sewing. I have entered the Hillarys Blinds Country Craft Competition! I am going to write another blog post about this, because I also have to send this off to them. I am not expecting to win this competition but I like a challenge. Like I said, I just did't have the time to throw myself into this full throttle. When I first entered, I had big plans for the fabric. But in the end . . . .'I ran out of time'!!!






Kel x



No comments:

Post a Comment