Friday 17 January 2014

Happy pots

Hi

I was in my local Morrison this week when I spotted these funky daff bulbs in yellow pots.
I get these every year because they sell them for just 66p each, we all love a bargain.

Anyway, I had some inspiration from Lucy at Attic24 and my new crochet book 'Simply stitches: crochet' by Carol Meldrum. It has a beautiful crochet hook case, in rainbow colours.

I didn't follow a pattern. I basically made a chain a couple of stitches smaller than the width if the pot and dc'd in rows. Changing the colours when I felt like it. I also finished off with a shell edging and stitched it together at  the sides.

EaSy :-)

One for me and one for our childminder. I just love giving home made gifts (and she loves receiving them!!)

These are additive and WILL be making more.

Now I have to go and get my first batch of pots out of the kiln, I know they aren't great because the glaze was too thick. But better to do that on my practice pieces. Post about it later. . . disasters and all!!!

Back soon

Kel
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment