Monday 2 September 2013

London continued . . . Liberty's :-)

 Hola,

I am determined to get this blog up to date!!

Just before I show you the beautiful sights inside Liberty's. I wanted to show you the view from hotel window. To say we were in London, it was amazing of London docklands.  Even though we were under the flight path, they didn't fly at night.

The room was amazing. We had a suite, with so many gadgets, two bathrooms two separate rooms, a dining table. It was a real treat, happy, happy joy!!!!!!
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
We took a trip down to the History museum, only to find the queue unbearably long. So, we nipped across to the science museum, which was not so busy and got straight in!
 


Has you can see, I only managed to take pictures of cars because that is all my lil boy is interested in and at 2 years old, I was just happy he was taking an interest in something!!!
 
We took a bus trip and went for a walk down some streets, wondering where my other half was taking us. . .
 
Here
 
 
Amazing shops, so vibrant  . . .

 
 
But not as great as Liberty's!! :-)
 
OK ok, on to the best bit of the trip for me (ssshhhhh) don't tell the other half) . . .
 
 
LIBERTY'S OF LONDON
 
 
 
The side entrance to Liberty's was fantastic. I wanted to look and look and and touch and BUY!!!
 

 
 
It wasn't really worth buying any of these gorgeous plants or flowers because we were staying in an hotel and I thought it would be wasted not putting them in a beautiful vase on my table!
 
 
So, I practically ran inside, I couldn't contain the excitement. Looking for a  plaque on a wall to find where the haberdashery department was. I had to rush through the accessories department with the kids when I saw that one scarf was £200 and my daughter was running her hands through the beautiful colours!!!
 
Agghhh quick, we called the lift and jumped in the beautiful traditional life. All very elegant.
We looked a bit out place with our tourist backpacks and foot wear!!!
 
 
 
 
Look at those beautiful suitcases. Such beautiful patterns and colours. If I was asked to pick one (I wish) I don't think I could!
 
The fabrics were amazing and I so wanted to buy some, I would have if my partner wasn't there looking at the price tag and saying  . . . 'How much??!!!'
 
The place was full of beautiful, lush nick nacks, clothing (Oh the clothing, if only!) yarn, haberdashery, notions and fabrics.
 
I wish I could have taken more pictures, but the assistant was watching me and I'm not quite sure I should have been!!
 
The kids were touching too many things and I was so paranoid, s we made a quick exit. My partner said I could buy something but I wanted the time to browse and with too young children it wasn't fare on them. So, I left empty handed. Later on, I get my chance to purchase some beautiful items, when I visit Camden market and get time to myself with a wad of cash!! 
 
Before walking away I had to take another picture of the front entrance, which just shows its beautiful architecture!!
 
 
 
 
Next stop was 'Hamleys' Is it 6 or 7 floors of over priced toys?!? The 'E' numbers of the toy shop world!!!
 

 
The Lego department was great, but the picture isn't very good. They had built a royal family all from Lego. Wow. I can't even build a simple house!!!
 
Some how we managed to get to the top and had coffee, cake and ice cream.
 
It was so busy in there, no air con or not enough. You soon get agitated in there!! we grabbed a few toys and
souvenirs and got out (after paying of course!!)



 
 
 
 
We worked through Green park and down to Buckingham palace. It was nice to see the flag flying, so we could tell the kids the Queen was home!!
 
 
We also got there in time to see the changing the Guards!
This inspired my lil man to march up down outside the gates, so sweet!!





 
 
What else is there to say about the palace, but it is our heritage and history!! Love it.
 
 
 
Camden Market
 
We packed up on our last morning, and I wanted to visit a market, something with a bit character and culture and a variety of sights and smells.
 
We headed to Camden market. We looked about at the stalls and bought myself a funky new felt bag.
 
 
Funky, eh???
 
We called at a great diner for lunch and had a traditional diner lunch . . . burgers, fries and real milkshakes.
On leaving the diner, my partner gave me some cash and told me to go and explore and he will take the kids to the car for rest before we headed home.
Oh my word. I got lost!! It is like a rabbit warren. I didn't have enough time to look at everything. You need a weekend for sure.
My eyes were up, down, side to side. I didn't know where to look!!!!!

 

 

 

 
 
 Look at these beautiful throws for just £10 each, I will be returning for 1 of these!!!

 
I don't know how I managed to get here, but it was amazing. I mean look at these guys sitting here pulling on these pipes . . . or whatever they are?? Are they even legal!!!??
 
 
I made my way into 'the tunnels' and found a rabbit warren of stalls and shops and curiosities!!



 
Well that just sums my week in London off in colours!!!
 
Next post will be about my week in Cumbria . . . a big contrast to London.
 
xxx
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment